Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dressy Chocolate Loaf Cake (the first and the second time...)

Last weekend I decided to make this loaf cake. We were supposed to have a new fridge delivered. They came, they scratched it, they took it back... it was a good time.

I went to make the cake anyway. I had just purchased a whole bunch of Pyrex so I figured I would try the loaf pan. Its supposed to bake 60-70 minutes. I baked it for 60, stuck the cake tester in and pulled the cake out. I waited the 5 minutes and went to turn it out onto the cooling rack upside down.













The top came out, the bottom stayed behind... it was a really great day in my house.
After it cooled I tried the part that actually baked and it tasted pretty nice so I told myself to try again this weekend.

This time I used the non-stick loaf pan, checked it with a knife, baked it for 70 minutes and it came out really well.



After it cools upside down you cut it into thirds horizontally and spread jam on each layer. I used seedless blackberry jam. Next time, more jam. Lots more jam.




Time to frost with semisweet chocolate and sour cream frosting.












For sure the next time it will have more jam and probably milk chocolate frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment