Sunday, October 21, 2012

Allspice Crumb Muffins

Well before I begin talking about these muffins let me take a moment to complain about pantry bugs. EW!

I saw one in the sugar, checked the pantry and we were infested. I had to throw all my baking supplies out, vacuum, clean, vacuum, clean, vacuum, clean... you get the idea. They just won't go away. So for now I bought all new supplies along with some OXO Pop Containers so everything stays air-tight and bug free. Until the pantry is ready all my stuff is stacked on a table. I don't like things out of place so this is driving me nuts. Luckily our pantry is all by itself in a corner so the whole kitchen wasn't infested!

Now onto better things... baking!



The dough seemed kind of cakey when it was all  mixed but they seemed to bake just fine.

The crumbs were yummy before baking.


I haven't tried one but they look good. Jeremy tried one and I'd ask him what he thought but he's napping. Might be a little rude to wake him from a perfectly good nap just to ask if he liked a muffin he ate 4 hours ago, right? Right.


Update: He's awake and said they were ok... didn't really taste like anything. Crumb topping was crumby. Glad I didn't wake him for that review!

No comments:

Post a Comment