Sunday, March 17, 2013

Classic Banana Bundt Cake

Last Sunday I was at the store and decided to buy bananas to make something later in the week. These freaking bananas took until Friday to be ripe enough to use. Halfway through the week Jeremy told me to put them in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process. I'm not sure if that is even a correct tip but I used it and they ripened in two days. So the point goes to Jeremy whether it should or not.

I decided on Thursday that I was still bundt obsessed so I bought the ingredients to make this cake. I read on one of the Tuesdays with Dorie site that Dorie recreated this cake as muffins a few years later and added in milk chocolate so I did the same. 


It smelled amazing when it came out of the oven. I am back to being more strict about what I eat so I knew I had to get this thing out of the house. Saturday morning I dropped off half with our friend Joe. We continued on with our weekend plans and I was able to drop off another hunk with Lisa. I was planning on providing the last bit to our friends on Sunday but plans fell through. I immediately ate a piece... I'm not proud but it was so good. A baker has to try their offerings, don't they? Well this baker sure does. 



No comments:

Post a Comment