Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nutty, Chocolatey, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake













I was super excited to have finally purchased my bundt cake pan. I had been staring at the bundt cake recipe section for what seemed like forever waiting for the day when I'd finally be able to make one. This recipe calls for walnuts and raisins in the swirl... I skipped those and went right for a few kinds of chopped chocolate.
The outcome was pleasant... you zest one orange and mix the zest with the sugar. This cake reminded me of my grandfather's Passover sponge cake. So much that I was supposed to bring it into work but I "forgot" and ate it all myself throughout the week. Though I do not think of him all day every day my grandfather pops into my head often and always with a good memory. I was Papa's girl... this cake makes me happy. I'll make it when I'm sad and he'll cheer me right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment