Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Black and White Cookies





The other day Jeremy randomly threw out that I should make black and white cookies and that I had until March 1st to perfect the recipe. I figured it might take a while for perfect to happen so I made them this weekend. For the white side to stay white you cannot put vanilla extract in there but you do lose the vanilla flavor. Jeremy suggested I use vanilla bean. I said no at first because its fun to disagree with him and then realized he was probably right (ugh I hate that) so we bought them.




I baked them for 11 minutes and as they were cooling and the second batch was in the oven I realized the tops (what becomes the bottom) were not cooked enough. So I baked the second batch for 12 minutes and then put the first batch back in for a few more minutes. Next time I will flatten the cookie longer and I think it will cook more evenly.

I need to work on the consistency of the frosting... both sides need to be much thicker so I can put more on there. Overall the flavors were pretty nice and I think with a few tweaks I'll have this in the bag before my deadline!







No comments:

Post a Comment