Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars


Jeremy had a poker game tonight and that's always a good reason to bake. I started to go through the cookbook and he asked if he could pick this time. I was ecstatic... it's the little things that make me happy these days! He made an excellent choice. You mix up the oatmeal layer, take out about 2 cups and spread the rest in the pan.


Then you melt the chocolate, condensed milk, butter and a pinch of salt. Once that's all combined you are supposed to add vanilla, raisins and walnuts. No raisins and walnuts in this house so we went for more chocolate and some peanut butter chips.


You take the rest of the oatmeal mix and sprinkle on top... it doesn't have to be perfect which is perfect for me! 


It came out looking super yummy! After two hours (three in my house because I had a craving for some Bed Bath and Beyond) you take it out of the pan and put in the fridge for at least an hour.


After 59 minutes and 59 seconds I cut em open and they were as wonderful as I thought they would be. Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment