Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sables

Sunday is such a fun day for me when I get to bake all day. Up first... rich, tender shortbread cookies. I separated my first egg using my hands and I couldn't resist taking a picture of my beautiful yolks.



The dough came out pretty nice... she described it as Play-Doh like and I can see that.


You roll half the dough into a 9" log and then I re-used her trick from the World Peace Cookies and rolled them into paper towel tubes.

The recipe calls for 3 hours in the fridge... I am learning my shortbread lessons and I kept it cold for 5 hours. You unwrap, brush on egg yolk and sprinkle decorating sugar. I used yellow...



I am underwhelmed... not too much flavor in the cookie itself. Maybe I should have sliced them thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment