Monday, September 10, 2012

Brown Sugar Pecan Shortbread Cookies

If you know me personally or if you've read my previous entries you may have already guessed that I left the pecans out of this recipe. 
The recipe called for light brown sugar. I had just ran out so I used dark brown sugar... big mistake... HUGE. The recipe calls for you to refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours but she mentions the longer the better. Mine was in the fridge for about 6 hours. 

This is what it looked like when I was cutting it to put it on the tray:

 So, yeah... not right. Too dark, too soft but I decided to continue because this journey is all about lessons and I needed to know how they would turn out. I got them all prepped and ready to bake:

And then they came out like this:
They did not hold their shape and the edges burned. My notes were that I needed to use light brown sugar and use the ruler on the dough scraper I have to make more uniform cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment