Saturday, September 15, 2012

Perfection Pound Cake

You really have to want some pound cake when it's time to make it because it takes a while. First... use good butter. Better than average butter. The recipe calls for 8oz of butter. We had 5 3/4oz of Vermont and Cheese Company in the house so I used that and the rest was good ole Giant brand unsalted butter. The butter and eggs must be warm... beyond room temperature. So that takes a while...

Then you beat the butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Once that's pale and creamy you add 4 eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 2 minutes in between each egg. So 13 minutes of mixing. Baking has not helped me with my patience just yet... I sit there tapping my fingers, washing dishes, tapping some more and I still stop it a few seconds early. I'll work on that.

I forgot to take a before picture but it looked like it would be good.

It seemed to come out okay.


Cut it open and it looked and tasted great.


Apparently pound cake is better the next day so it's sitting all wrapped up in plastic wrap waiting to be yummy tomorrow.

*Update*
Next morning Jeremy made this:
He said it tasted good however it wasn't the most buttery pound cake he had ever had. I imagine I can play around adding a bit more butter next time I try to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment