Sunday, September 2, 2012

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I've always wanted to say that.
Hello, my name is Bonnie. I am 31 years old and just recently started baking. Cooking never went well for me. I never wanted to put something in a hot oven... the kitchen was literally too hot so I stayed out. I'm not so good with the whole little dash of this, a pinch of that thing. I am a rule follower. I read the manual for everything I buy, I'm the girl reading the rules to a board game to her drunk friends and I obey most laws. It seems baking is right up my alley. Follow a recipe with exact measurements and everything should turn out just fine.
After a long three years my boyfriend Jeremy and I recently finished completely gutting and creating our new kitchen... just one part of our entire house remodel. Since then I've been having a great time learning how to bake.
Now for my personal challenge... bake everything in a baking cookbook. I did some research and there was one book pretty consistently in every website's top cookbook listing. Dorie Greenspan's "Baking From My Home To Yours" is my choice. I'm planning on writing an entry for every recipe... I'll post some pictures and write about my experience. I'm looking forward to sharing my stories of success, failure and do overs and I am hoping through this process I will become more confident in the kitchen.
My adventure begins today...

No comments:

Post a Comment