Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chewy Chunky Blondies

After the Golden Brioche disasters of the earlier part of the day I felt the need to redeem myself. I am not a butterscotch fan but I figured I'd try to stay as true to the recipe as possible especially because I omitted the walnuts... enough with the walnuts already. Probably too soon to be mad at the walnuts, huh? She's going to hit me with a lot of walnut recipes, isn't she? Ugh.

So I made the blondies... I was so excited something actually came together properly in the mixing bowl that I forgot to take the "before" picture.

They looked pretty good when they came out of the oven... and it smelled super yummy.

The recipe said to cook for 40 min. I cooked for 42 but I'd say based on what they look like when I cut them I needed to cook for at least another 5 minutes.

Butterscotch chips, chocolate chunks and sweet shredded coconut make up the sweetness in this and they balance each other out really nicely. I might do these again tomorrow and cook them the appropriate amount of time. I bet they will be amazing... maybe I'll use chopped up chocolate bar. And milk chocolate chunks instead of butterscotch. I will move on to another recipe but since this didn't come out the way they should I believe it's deserving of a do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment