Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
















These cookies were easy to make. I've made a few different recipes before and they always seemed off. I followed her recipe exactly (even setting the kitchen timer for each addition to the mixer) and I think that made the difference. We also only ever had dark brown sugar before and I now understand why it matters to use light when the recipe calls for it. I got to chop a lot of chocolate and that made me happy so I added a pic.
She says to bake for 10-12 min. The first time I baked for 12 min. They came out with dark, crispy edges and bottoms. Jeremy said they were his kind of cookie which meant overdone for my taste. Next batch was 10 min and though the edges and bottoms were brown the tops were too soft. So just like Goldilocks I found my perfect porridge at 11 min.
I didn't use nuts even though the recipe calls for it because, well, I don't like them in my chocolate chip cookies and I'm the baker. I'm sure you walnut lovin freaks out there will enjoy them as they ruin a perfectly great cookie.
Thin, crisp and a bit chewy is the way Dorie describes them... I can't explain them any better. Jeremy's last comment was that they'd be great with milk chocolate. I am on a semisweet kick right now but I'm sure he's right. I can't believe I just put that in print.





No comments:

Post a Comment